To enhance the lives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities through services that share the good news of Jesus Christ.
Bethesda strives to become the central point of connection that unites people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities with communities and essential resources to help them live their lives to the fullest extent possible.
- Christ is preeminent in all that we do
- All people are inherently valuable to God and deserve to be treated with dignity and respect
- People are empowered to realize their personal goals through discovery, development and use of their skills and talents
- People direct decisions that affect their lives, positively impact the communities in which they live, and are supported in living life to the full
- Our Lutheran organizational identity guides our services and enriches our relationships
- Stakeholders contribute to the goals and priorities of the organization through open, honest communication
- We are flexible and responsive to needs; faithful in keeping promises; and timely, fair and honest in all dealings
- Christian stewardship of all our resources is expected of everyone
- Innovation, creativity, learning, and continuous quality improvement are integral to everything we do
- Fun and fellowship in the workplace are encouraged
Read the Lutheran Services in America-Disability Network's Statement on People with Intellectual Disabilities
Locate our service locations
Learn about recent news from Bethesda
Subscribe to our printed publications or e-newsletters