Supporting a person's faith-life is a primary focus of Bethesda. This is accomplished through:
- Church-related schools
- Organizations who support religious life
- Ministry Consultants
These supports directly minister to people with intellectual disabilities or provide consultative services to congregations, family and others who support spiritual growth. Collectively these areas of support are referred to as the BethesdaNetwork.
BethesdaNetwork Member Organization: any Christian congregation or school that provides spiritual supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in partnership with Bethesda Lutheran Communities, and any provider organization that welcomes Bethesda Religious Life personnel to provide spiritual supports or to equip others to provide supports for their clients.
- Provide spiritual supports for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Encourage outreach programs supported by Bethesda and open their facilities for this use
Members may be from any Christian denomination:
Lutheran congregations who provide spiritual support to people supported by Bethesda holistically are designated as Partner Congregations.
Supporting congregations provide financial support to Bethesda.
Ministry Consultants work in partnership with:
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Service Providers
Services to Congregations
Ministry Consultants work with congregations to educate people about the spiritual needs of people with disabilities.
- Enlist and equip Bethesda Network organizations for spiritual life support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Equip congregational staff and lay leaders to manage disability ministries within their respective congregations, schools and organizations
Services to People with Disabilities, Families and Support Staff
Ministry Consultants provide spiritual support services to people with disabilities, their families and their support staff:
- Periodic visits with people supported by Bethesda
- Contact with families
- Spiritual life training for Bethesda staff
Services to Organization
- Consult with Christian groups/ministries desiring to engage in ministry to individuals with disabilities
- Establish and maintain possible relationships with community leaders and other service providers in an effort to enhance and expand the Religious Life mission and vision.