Bethesda in Local Action brings Bethesda's expertise, resources and financial assistance to Lutheran organizations and congregations to help them develop and implement innovative programs and services that will meet the needs of children and adults with developmental disabilities who live in the community.
On the the right, Bethesa Lutheran Communities awards grant to LCMS.
What kinds of programs qualify for assistance?
- Sunday School programs
- Special religious camps
- Respite care programs
- Friendship and advocacy groups
- Birth to three services
- Day services
How can Bethesda in Local Action help?
Bethesda in Local Actions offers:
- Bethesda staff to your area to provide expertise, organizational skills, training and consultation on how to get your program started and how to keep it going.
- Two one-time grants each year of up to $2,500 to two organizations or congregations looking to get their special ministry programs up and running.
- Resources, which include curriculum, devotional materials, and training videos and materials.
How do I apply for assistance?
Applications for the Bethesda in Local Action Grant program will be considered each year in accordance with the following timeline:
- Applications are accepted from November 1 to January 15 of each year
- Winners are selected in February
- Funds are dispersed on March 1
What are the goals of Bethesda in Local Action?
- To encourage Lutheran congregations to identify the special educational needs of people for whom special religious education programs, services and resources are not currently available.
- To encourage groups of congregations or individuals working together to develop and implement innovative programs and services for people with developmental disabilities and other significant learning difficulties.
- To encourage Lutheran elementary and high schools to develop separate or inclusive education programs.
To find a Ministry Consulant in your area please visit our Contacts page.
For more information or to receive an application, contact:
Bethesda Lutheran Communities
600 Hoffmann Drive
Watertown, Wisconsin 53094