Volunteers play a vital role in the success of the services Bethesda provides with people with developmental disabilities. Over 10,000 volunteers donated over 340,000 hours of time to Bethesda last year.
Thrift Shops and Donation Centers
Our Thrift Shops and Donation Centers help provide funding for Bethesda's mission. Donate your time or goods to our shops to help support the people we serve.
Ways to Volunteer
There are many ways to volunteer at Bethesda. These vary by location but some possibilities are:
- Regular visits at a home for fellowship or devotions
- Conduct Bible class
- Assist at church
- Offer a ride
- Help with activities
- Assist around the home with upkeep.
- Help at one of our offices
- Be a friend
- Write a letter
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- Retail Volunteers: assist in thrift shop locations, either in the store or the processing area. Primary duties may include: preparing donated items for sale (sorting, hanging, tagging, pricing, cleaning), housekeeping tasks (trash pick-up, windows, restroom cleaning, sweeping, dusting, straightening and pulling merchandise), assisting shoppers, cashiering, bagging merchandise, greeting, merchandising the sales floor and working on other projects as needed.
- Warehouse Volunteers: assist balers and/or assist drivers in loading/unloading materials from trucks and donation drop-offs. Primary duties may include: preparing material for cast-off, operating bailing machine in absence of regular staff (only if you are 18 or older, authorized and trained to operate machine), loading and unloading trucks and donation drop-offs and working on special projects as needed.
Apply To Volunteer
Fill out an application to volunteer by clicking here and mailing it to Bethesda Lutheran Communities - 600 Hoffmann Drive - Watertown, WI 53094
Select a state in the left menu to view a printable PDF document of the volunteer possibilities!
If you can not view the listings, please send an email to our Web Manager.