Provides functional support in various areas of Human Resources including recruitment and employment, personnel records, employee relations, benefits administration and special projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with the recruitment and selection process, to include posting employment advertisements; schedules interviews; conducts criminal background checks, employment verifications and references on applicants; keeps all parties informed of status in process.
- Coordinates drug testing process, to include following up on results, collection site management and billing.
- Explains, interprets nd communicates Bethesda's policies, procedures and benefit programs to employees and managers as needed or requested.
- Organizes and maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements; obtains proper paperwork from new hires; completes data entry of employee information into HRIS database.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to authorized persons regarding employment or credit applications.
- Fulfills general office duties such as answering phones, taking messages, making travels arrangements, photocopying; completes Human Resources projects and activities as assigned through Human Resources Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable)
Minimum Job Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
Associates or bachelor's degree (e.g. Business Administration, Management, Psychology, Human Resources) or equivalent combination of education and/or experience required.
Two years of prior related experience in an HR administrative support role required.
Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency of MS Office programs to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with a HRIS system a plus.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
Ability to sit or stand for up to 6 hours/day. Some lifting, bending, and carrying.
Other Competencies (skills, abilities, behavior)
Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect, opportunity and full community inclusion. Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the Mission, Vision and Core Values of the organization. Ability to act as a strategic partner to organizationwide and regional leadership and management teams; strong project and time management skills; excellent communication skills and ability to foster relationships with employees at all levels within the organization; ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives; and strong interpersonal, persuasion and creative problem skills are required.