On Thursday, July 21, Bethesda Lutheran Communities was awarded Network Certification in Basic AssurancesSM by the Council on Quality and Leadership.
Bethesda was cited for achievements in essential, fundamental and non-negotiable requirements of service and support for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, specifically in the areas of health, safety and human security. Beyond compliance with licensing and certification standards, Bethesda was recognized for commitment to creating and delivering support that is person-centered.
"This achievement marks a significant milestone in Bethesda’s journey toward continuous improvement in the quality of services provided for the people we support,” said Dr. John E. Bauer, president and chief executive officer.
For more information on Council on Quality and Leadership visit www.thecouncil.org.
Bethesda's Quality Statement
Quality at Bethesda Lutheran Communities is defined by the delivery of services with a level of excellence that aligns with our Christian mission, vision and values and exceeds the expectations of people supported, their families, employees and other stakeholders.
Quality is everyone's responsibility and is achieved by:
- Enhancing people's lives by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Cultivating a culture of dignity and respect for all people
- Promoting the achievement of personal outcomes
- Leadership which promotes and models quality and sets clear expectations
- Promoting and implementing innovative ideas and best practices
- Developing effective and efficient processes and procedures
- Holding everyone accountable for setting and achieving established goals and job responsibilities
- Accepting and enacting change
- Using relevant data to drive the decision making process and measure success
- Allocating and using resources efficiently and effectively