On Friday, Oct. 4, Bethesda Lutheran Communities earned Network Certification in Person-Centered Excellence by the Council on Quality and Leadership (CQLSM).
Bethesda is the first organization in the world to earn network accreditation, which covers all six of Bethesda’s regions and corporate operations. The Network Accreditation marks the conclusion of a multi-year process, which included comprehensive evaluation of the organization’s operations, intensive staff training, and consultation of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and family and community members.
“I am very proud of Bethesda as an organization and what this accomplishment signifies, including our commitment to excellence for the people we support in each of our six regions,” said Dr. John E. Bauer, president and CEO of Bethesda. “With the help of CQL, Bethesda has mapped-out its goals and priorities that will serve as pillars to our continuous organizational transformation.”
For more information on Council on Quality and Leadership visit www.thecouncil.org.
Bethesda's Quality Statement
Quality at Bethesda Lutheran Communities is defined by the delivery of services with a level of excellence that aligns with our Christian mission, vision and values and exceeds the expectations of people supported, their families, employees and other stakeholders.
Quality is everyone's responsibility and is achieved by:
- Enhancing people's lives by sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ
- Cultivating a culture of dignity and respect for all people
- Promoting the achievement of personal outcomes
- Leadership which promotes and models quality and sets clear expectations
- Promoting and implementing innovative ideas and best practices
- Developing effective and efficient processes and procedures
- Holding everyone accountable for setting and achieving established goals and job responsibilities
- Accepting and enacting change
- Using relevant data to drive the decision making process and measure success
- Allocating and using resources efficiently and effectively