The Match Matters
Matching a person with a developmental disability with just the right home is key for creating the pathway for a long-term relationship – and that’s our goal. When a family’s heart and home is enlarged because of a good match, everyone benefits.
Ensuring a good match takes time, and we don’t rush it. A thorough, complete, careful process is part of our quality approach. Both the Host Home provider and the person seeking placement participate equally in the process.
Our personal matching process includes:
- Individual interviews that look closely at personal goals, interests, lifestyle and daily routines
- A needs assessment of the person seeking placement, including physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- A deep understanding of personalities and likely compatibility, marital status, financial stability, and employment status
- Consideration of ethnicity and religion
- Size of the family and home
- Consideration of children in the home
- Home accessibility
- Family schedule
To talk with someone in more detail about the matching process, please contact us.